This project is read-only.

Security Exception

Apr 8, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I host using Network Solutions.  They only allow medium trust on 3rd party assemblies.  If you are getting a security exception, download the Scribd.Net source and in AssemblyInfo.cs add the following:

using System.Security

[assembly:AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers]

After you rebuild, everything should work fine.  If the developers of this project see this, maybe they can add it in the source.

Coordinator
Apr 10, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Thanks, tokm -

I've added this to the source.

It's NOT in the current release assemblies, but will get there with the next release.

- P

May 5, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Does we need to register the Scribd.Net.dll in the server, it is working fine in my local(hot-coded the file path), when I use this on a shared hosting I am facing issue, it is not throwing any error but no files are uploading. Could you pelase suggest me how to make this work.

Using the Version 2010.8.2.1 and added below exemptions and deployed the DLL again

using System.Security

[assembly:AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers]

There are no issues with API Key, UN PW etc.

- Arusmart

Coordinator
May 6, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Try using the newer version of the .dll - there are several changes since 2010.8.2.1

- P

May 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Thanks Paul,

2011.04.06 version DLL does not contain [assembly:AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers]

I have downloaded the Source code Changeset: 71477; and added AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers to the AssembyInfo.cs

Deployed vesion still says 2010.8.2.1 may be you have not added latest AssembyInfo.cs to the source set? I have changed this to latest date for my reference.

I am using dotnet framework 3.5, I can't use the latest version "61265" which is belong to MS Visual Studio 2010 and 4.0 framework

My Application build was successfull and I have uploaded it to my sahred hosting server at 1and1, it is not throwing any errors, FIle is uploadign to my local server successfully but not to the server the function logic is like below

1. User Upload the document to server

2. I am passing the server path to the Scribd API with below code (I tried with full URL also)

Adding Path to string :

string url = base.GetAppURL("~/"+PresentationsDocumentsPath + fileName);
                    base.AddURLToScribd(url);

Sending URL to Scribd API

if (LoginScribdUser())
        {
            Document NewDocument1 = Scribd.Net.Document.Upload(url, true, false);

NewDocument1.AccessType = AccessTypes.Private;
            NewDocument1.DisablePrint = true;
            NewDocument1.DisableSelectText = true;
            NewDocument1.DisableAboutDialog = true;
            NewDocument1.DisableInfoDialog = true;
            NewDocument1.Save();

}

3. After sending the file path to Scribd, I am inserting the record in to my database table.

1 & 3 steps are working fine but step 2 is failing I am not getting any run time error message, after record inserting I am checking the myDocuments in API account its none, no file was uploading to the account.

Is this completely because of my share hosting? Does SrcribD.Net.dll need to register under server registry? which 1and1 hosting is not allowing? Please advice

Thanks,

Arusmart

Coordinator
May 10, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Arusmart,

You shouldn't have to "register" the dll (it's a managed library).  I'm not sure why it's not allowing you to post via the URL from the hosted environment. 

You could try uploading it to Scribd via an IO.Stream.

- P