This project is read-only.

Unable to add file url to Scribd

May 3, 2011 at 6:38 AM

Hi Friends,

i am new to this forum. i have  username and password to add my file url and access those file urls from scribd. in my server it is working fine. but Application  is deployed into client server we are able to upload a file into local folder but we are not able to add file upload url to scribd..if any one have idea about this issue please help me out urgent.

Thanks in advance

v.venkateswararao

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 2:47 PM
venkey wrote:

Hi Friends,

i am new to this forum. i have  username and password to add my file url and access those file urls from scribd. in my server it is working fine. but Application  is deployed into client server we are able to upload a file into local folder but we are not able to add file upload url to scribd..if any one have idea about this issue please help me out urgent.

Thanks in advance

v.venkateswararao

Venkey,

Can you provide some code that shows what you're doing?  I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

- Paul

May 6, 2011 at 5:41 PM
Dear Paul,

Bellow code we are connecting to Scribd .

Actually what we are doing is:

we are uploading a file , and save that file in our application and url to scribd.n my local server we are able to adding url to Scribd and view that file. but while we are deployed our application to client server. we are unble to add url to scrib:version .2010.8.2.1.

bool LoginScribdUser()
{
Scribd.Net.Service.APIKey = "";
Scribd.Net.Service.SecretKey = "";
Scribd.Net.Service.EnforceSigning = true;
Scribd.Net.Service.PublisherID = "";

Scribd.Net.User.LoggedIn += new EventHandler<UserEventArgs>(User_LoggedIn);
bool signInResult = Scribd.Net.User.Login("", "");
return signInResult;
}

// This method is called on successful login.
static void User_LoggedIn(object sender, UserEventArgs e)
{
Console.WriteLine("Hello, {0}!", (sender as Scribd.Net.User).Name);
}

public void AddURLToScribd(string url)
{

if (LoginScribdUser())
{
Document NewDocument1 = Scribd.Net.Document.Upload(url, true, false);

NewDocument1.AccessType = AccessTypes.Private;
NewDocument1.DisablePrint = true;
NewDocument1.DisableSelectText = true;
NewDocument1.DisableAboutDialog = true;
NewDocument1.DisableInfoDialog = true;
NewDocument1.Save();

//Scribd.Net.DocumentEventArgs = new DocumentEventArgs();
//Scribd.Net.Document.Uploaded += new EventHandler<DocumentEventArgs>(Document_Uploaded);
}
}

please help me out . we struggling last 10days

Regards
v.venki

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 7:17 PM, JPaulDuncan <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

venkey wrote:

Hi Friends,

i am new to this forum. i have username and password to add my file url and access those file urls from scribd. in my server it is working fine. but Application is deployed into client server we are able to upload a file into local folder but we are not able to add file upload url to scribd..if any one have idea about this issue please help me out urgent.

Thanks in advance

v.venkateswararao

Venkey,

Can you provide some code that shows what you're doing? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

- Paul

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (scribdnet@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email scribdnet@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
May 6, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Venkey,

First, ensure you're using the latest version of the DLL (2011.04.06) as there have been many changes since 2010.8.2.1 (the Scribd.com API has changed).

Second, try following these steps:  [discussion:253087]

- P

May 11, 2011 at 7:04 AM
Hi

how to upload a file to Scribd via an IO.Stream..pls help me out.

Regards
v.venki

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:54 PM, JPaulDuncan <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Venkey,

First, ensure you're using the latest version of the DLL (2011.04.06) as there have been many changes since 2010.8.2.1 (the Scribd.com API has changed).

Second, try following these steps: [discussion:253087]

- P

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (scribdnet@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email scribdnet@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
May 11, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Scribd.Net.Document _document = Scribd.Net.Document.Upload(new System.IO.FileStream("myfile.doc", System.IO.FileMode.Open), AccessTypes.Public, false

);

- P

May 12, 2011 at 5:57 AM
Dear JPaulDuncan,

than you for your replay,i am very thankful to you.

now i am able to store my file content in scribd in my account documents folder. and also i am getting documnet id after sending content to scribd.please provide me some code how i display again required document in my website using document Id, i need to display certain portation of my webpage.pls help me .

Thanks in advance
v.venki

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:36 PM, JPaulDuncan <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Scribd.Net.Document _document = Scribd.Net.Document.Upload(new System.IO.FileStream("myfile.doc", System.IO.FileMode.Open), AccessTypes.Public, false

);

- P

May 12, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Venkey below link will help you:

http://www.scribd.com/developers/api?method_name=Javascript+API

Try: scribd.Document.getDoc ( document_id , access_key )

Coordinator
May 12, 2011 at 3:09 PM

You'll need to get the embed code by:

1)  Place a <asp:literal> tag on your web page:

<asp:Literal runat="server" ID="myScribdEmbed" />

2)  Get the embed code for the document:

Scribd.Net.Document myDocument = Scribd.Net.Document.Download(myDocumentId);

string embedCode = myDocument.GetEmbedCode();

3)  Put the embed code in the literal from code-behind.

myScribdEmbed.Text = embedCode;

That should do it.

- P

May 12, 2011 at 3:37 PM
Dear JPaulDuncan,

in local system i am able to send to scribd and getting the file content ,through DocumentId and AccessKey. while moving code to production server. i am unable to load or send my file content to Scribd using bello sytex.
System.IO.Stream _fileStream = presentationFileUpload.PostedFile.InputStream;
Scribd.Net.Document NewDocument1 = Scribd.Net.Document.Upload(_fileiostream, AccessTypes.Private, false);
string Documentid = NewDocument1.DocumentId.ToString(),
string accesskey = NewDocument1.AccessKey.ToString()

if i load or send my file to Scribd .then i wil get the file using your code.pls JPaulDuncan what are the steps i need to foll to send my file to scribd and what are the things i need to do in my production server. if i ned any license or any registration .pls help me out.

Thanks in advance
v.venkey

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 7:39 PM, JPaulDuncan <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

1) Place a <asp:literal> tag on your web page:

2) Get the embed code for the document:

3) Put the embed code in the literal from code-behind.

That should do it.

- P

May 13, 2011 at 9:12 AM
Dear JPaulDuncan,

in local system i am able to send to scribd and getting the file content ,through DocumentId and AccessKey. while moving code to production server. i am unable to load or send my file content to Scribd using bello sytex.
System.IO.Stream _fileStream = presentationFileUpload.
PostedFile.InputStream;
Scribd.Net.Document NewDocument1 = Scribd.Net.Document.Upload(_fileiostream, AccessTypes.Private, false);

if i load or send my file to Scribd .then i wil get the file using your code.pls JPaulDuncan what are the steps i need to foll to send my file to scribd and what are the things i need to do in my production server. if i ned any license or any registration .pls help me out.

Regards
v.venki

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:07 PM, venkateswararao vejandla <venkey81185@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear JPaulDuncan,

System.IO.Stream _fileStream = presentationFileUpload.PostedFile.InputStream;

Thanks in advance
v.venkey

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 7:39 PM, JPaulDuncan <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

1) Place a <asp:literal> tag on your web page:

2) Get the embed code for the document:

3) Put the embed code in the literal from code-behind.

That should do it.

- P