Sample application

Sep 12, 2008 at 9:44 PM
Any chance you could post up a sample application to give a quick help reference with using this?

thanks,

Steve
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2008 at 10:50 PM
Edited Sep 12, 2008 at 10:51 PM
What did you have in mind?

Keep in mind, there's also Documentation.

- Paul
Sep 13, 2008 at 10:04 AM
Well, I've added the dll as a reference and added this at the top of my page:

using Scribd.Net;

But I get the following error:

The type or namespace name 'Scribd' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Line 10: using Scribd.Net;
So a sample application with best practice on where to add the keys and login code would be helpful.

cheers,

Steve
Sep 13, 2008 at 2:05 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2008 at 4:48 PM
i'm using this code :

Imports Scribd.Net
Partial Class pdf
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
    Private _bollogin As Boolean
    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
1.        Scribd.Net.Service.APIKey = "myKey"
2.       Scribd.Net.Service.SecretKey = "Mysec"
3.       Scribd.Net.Service.EnforceSigning = True
4.        Scribd.Net.Service.PublisherID = "MyPublisherID"
5.       _bollogin = Scribd.Net.User.Login("myUser", "myPass")
    End Sub
End Class

but after line 5 when i use any code (any or use nothing) i get this error !!!! : error in the application.
for example when using above code i get this error :

Error in the application.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ApplicationException: Error in the application.

Source Error:

Line 13: End Class

Sep 13, 2008 at 5:03 PM
OK, I'm officially stupid. My error was because the project wasn't set up as an application in IIS.

I've now added the login details to the app start event and things are working ok.

I'll carry on playing, so there's no need for a sample app, I'll try and work stuff out using the docs.

cheers,

Steve
Coordinator
Sep 13, 2008 at 6:45 PM
PrinceDotNet:  Do you actually have the numbers 1., 2., 3., 4., and 5. in your source code?  Those are your problems if so.

SteveWhite2:  Been there, my friend.  No worries.  I have included a test application, nonetheless.  The binary is in the release, and the source code is in the (ironically) source code.

I'd love to hear what you guys are building with the library!
Sep 13, 2008 at 7:39 PM
wowwww !!!!
no my frind ! :D
i'm numbered this code for you.