embed ipaper with scribd.net

Sep 13, 2008 at 7:50 PM
hi
can i use scribd.net for embed my document to my aspx page ?
for example my doc id is "5996011".how embed this doc to my page without using embed code on scribd page.
or search scribd and show finded docs.

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2008 at 3:15 PM
Well, I don't know how to embed a document into your page without using the embed code because Scribd uses a Flash technology called IPaper to display your document.

With this library, you do have the ability to get a thumbnail image of the document (you'll have to convert it as the client library returns it as a bitmap and bitmaps are not browser-friendly).

However, please note that the thumbnail is provided by Scribd and it is of your cover page and NOT the whole document.

To search Scribd with this library you can refer to the Demo Application source code or http://www.codeplex.com/scribdnet/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Scribd.Net.Search for more information.

The Search returns an object of type Result which contains a generic list of Document.  Iterate over that list to get individual documents.

Hope that helps -

- Paul
Sep 14, 2008 at 4:42 PM
it means that i should use the javascript code to embed it.like this
but it can used with scribd.net !
for example search scribd on server and use client-script to embed it !
thanks

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Using the javascript code is still going to embed the IPaper flash control.  I've added a new demonstration project for the web in the source code.  You can easily add the search functionality on it.

- Paul